One of our esteemed yoginis we have coming up on our iTunes yoga podcast this week, is Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D.
She is dedicated to integrating contemporary psychology, medicine, yoga, and meditation.
More of her work is shown below:
- Ph.D. in Psychology from Stanford University, with a concentration in Humanistic Medicine.
- Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Yoga Therapy, the only professional and scientific journal dedicated to Yoga as a healing practice.
- Teaches yoga, meditation, dance, and health psychology at Stanford University, in Palo Alto, California.
- Offers workshops at yoga studios, conferences, and retreats. Her last one:
The Future of Yoga Therapy:
A Panel Discussion with the International Association of Yoga Therapists
Saturday, February 18, 7:30-9:30 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Center for Yoga, 230 N. Larchmont Blvd.
- Teaches Anatomy, Physiology, and Teaching Methods for Avalon Yoga Center‘s 200-hour teacher training program.
- Teaches an online class, The Yoga of Connection, that includes weekly emails and online discussion boards. This is a great class, with great discussions on the online forum.
- Serves as a research consultant for yoga professionals, conducting literature reviews and providing support for basic research design and data analysis.
- If you are interested in research on yoga and meditation, you can receive monthly updates of published research through her newsletter.
Her website www.openmindbody.com is a wealth of information for yoga students and teachers. Contact: kelly @ openmindbody.com